Remember when auto sales cratered in late 2008 when the rest of the financial markets tanked? Things were so desperate going into 2009 that the government stepped in with the Cash for Clunkers programs to pay people to buy new wheels.
Today, the picture is a lot different. The haze has cleared from consumers’ eyes, wallets are opening, credit is easier to get and there are just a lot of good reasons to sell your clunker and buy a shiny new vehicle. There must be something to it.
- Fuel Economy — Sales of hybrids and clean-diesel vehicles were up more than 35% in 2012. But you don’t necessarily have to buy one of those vehicles to gain a lot of fuel economy and savings. The internal combustion engine has improved so much in the last ten years that even non- hybrids will save you big money the longer you hold on to your new vehicle…if you choose well.
- Safety — Significant changes in technology make vehicle occupants safer than ever before. Today, most all-new cars offers standard airbags in from and back, as well as side airbags in front and back, driver’s knee airbag. Stability and traction control systems are standard, as are tire pressure monitors. Knowing when your tires are losing air can not only keep you out of a nasty accident, they can save you money since low air pressure costs you miles per gallon. In addition to the basics, technologies such as lane departure warning, automatic emergency braking, and various traffic warning systems are migrating down from luxury cars to the mass market.
- Tech — Not a single new 2001-model year vehicle sold in the US offered factory-installed iPod connectivity or the ability to play music off of a USB device. Are you trying to use your iPod or smart-phone while you drive? If so, you are likely breaking the law. Other technically advanced features you couldn’t find in 2001 include power ventilated front seats (that cool or heat one’s seat) Bluetooth wireless connections that enabled cell-phone integration into the vehicle’s audio system, and even Satellite TV. Options including head-up display, voice-controlled navigation systems and rear-view cameras – some available in 2001 and some not – are becoming more widely available today. Once you live with a back-up camera in your car, you will never want to go back.
- Easier Credit — Back in 2008, 2009 and even 2010, it was ridiculously hard for consumers with even solid credit to get favorable terms from banks and finance companies. Now that banks have burned off a lot of their bad loans, credit terms are easier today than a year or two ago for people with solid, and even decent, credit.
Mark your calendar, save the date! This coming Saturday – March 9th – we are opening the doors at 8:30 at both of the Tom O’Brien Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram stores! Not only are we celebrating the success that both of our locations had for 2012, but we are also wanting to show off the highly awarded 2013 Chrysler * Jeep * Dodge and Ram line-up! And, we have something BIG for you! Food, a reward for just test driving one of the new 2013 vehicles, and HUGE savings! See you Saturday!
The O’Brien Automotive Family of dealerships are one of central Indiana’s best source for new Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge, Ram, FIAT, and Toyota & Scion brand vehicles along with a large inventory of pre-owned vehicles & Factory Certified Pre-Owned. Our goal is to make as many central Indiana customers as satisfied as possible when it comes to selection and competitive prices. We welcome you to stop by one of our convenient locations, call us at 317-534-2256, chat online (Indianapolis location Chrysler Brands – Greenwood location Chrysler Brands * FIAT Brand / Toyota & Scion Brands), or submit a request make an appointment to test drive your next vehicle today. Check out our current service specials by visiting this site! Questions? Simply call:
- (888) 699-9629 for our CJDR Greenwood location
- (888) 734-9394 for our CJDR Indianapolis location
- (888) 448-8263 for our O’Brien FIAT Studio
- (888) 693-5876 for our Toyota Scion location
Still haven’t pointed your car in our direction? We’ve got lots of great reasons to stop by – our service specials or parts specials for instance! Or, you can just schedule an appointment now. Did I mention we’re open on Saturday’s?
From our family to yours: be “safe on the road, and happy motoring”!
Your leading Greenwood, Franklin, Indianapolis, Carmel, Plainfield, Avon, Lawrence, Anderson, and Noblesville Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram FIAT Toyota and Scion Dealers!