With the start of the Spring Break for many schools in and around the Indy metro area; and Easter weekend around the corner, motorists need to be extra careful and pay more close attention to the increased hazards on roadways with more vehicles on the road.
Some Common Sense Rules to Keep in Mind:
- Check the vehicle you will be driving before leaving for your trip – oil, windshield wiper fluid, tire pressure, and that no indicator lights are on your dashboard – it’s always important to make sure the basic functions of your vehicle are working properly.
- Have a Road Safety Kit on hand in case of emergency. Suggestions to include bottled water, road flares, orange triangle, flashlight, jumper cables, jacking kit, blanket, tools, and First Aid Kit.
- Get a good night’s sleep before leaving.
- It is also important to take a break from driving every few hours or switch drivers.
- Buckle up!!
- Be prepared for higher volumes of traffic on the road than normal (sometimes traveling early morning helps to avoid some of the rush).
- Use a map or GPS. Plan your route ahead of time, especially when planning to drive through an unfamiliar area.
- Do not drive under the influence.
Wishing you all a safe and fun Spring Break and Easter weekend!!
I hope you found our “Safe Driving Tips for the Upcoming Holiday Weekend” helpful! We would love to hear from you with your ideas and suggestions for future posts!
From our family to yours: be “safe on the road, and happy motoring”!
Your leading Greenwood, Franklin, Indianapolis, Carmel, Plainfield, Avon, Lawrence, Anderson, and Noblesville Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram FIAT Toyota and Scion Dealers!